A Dream Within a Dream (Dreamworld Duology #2)
By: Kristina Mahr
Publisher: Uncommon Universes
Publication Date: March 26th, 2019
Invisible to the man she loves, Reeve Lennox fights to reclaim him from a dark world.
As her wedding day nears in Acarsaid, her betrothed Arden offers only his wayward soul and saucy tongue. At night she desperately tries to reach Bran, the young soldier of nightmarish Tenebris who holds her heart. However, her king insists that the realms of Tenebris and Acarsaid must remain separate, lest the evil wizard Rancore brutally conquer all.
But the dark magic of Tenebris defies mere distance. A war is coming, one only Reeve may be able to prevent, if she can reunite her family on opposing sides.
With two kingdoms at stake, Reeve must discover her strength and her family’s legacy before all is lost. Yet righting the wrongs of the past may require the sacrifice of her truest love.
- Age: turns 18 early on in the series
- Appearance: Approx. 5’4”. Long, medium brown/gold hair. Fair skin, prone to freckles in the sun. Brown eyes. Fairly fit, thanks to all of her long walks outside.
- Likes: Reading, walks, giving her guards a hard time, lemon cakes
- Dislikes: Cynicism, rudeness, being invisible
- Primary motivations: Love. A sense of inclusiveness/belonging.
- Quote from A Dream Within a Dream: “I suppose I will just have to have hope, then. Hope, and hope, and still more hope. The problem is not mustering it. The problem is what I will do if, yet again, it falls from the sky and shatters.”
- Age: 20
- Appearance: Approx. 5’10”. Dark brown hair, not too closely cropped. Dark blue eyes. Lean. Pretty tan from days spent outside.
- Likes: Saving people, being skeptical, brooding
- Dislikes: Blind optimism, being told what to do
- Primary motivations: It starts as just surviving, but it gradually morphs into living.
- Quote from A Dream Within a Dream: “Do you really think she’s coming back?”
- Age: 25
- Appearance: Approx. 6’3”. Dark blonde hair, close-cropped. Green eyes. Pretty lean and muscular. He’s hot and he knows it.
- Likes: Women, gambling, sarcasm
- Dislikes: Love, being trapped, the outdoors
- Primary motivation: Whatever he feels like doing at that precise moment. (Freedom.)
- Quote from A Dream Within a Dream: “On the contrary. I believe I am exceptionally corrigible. Able to be … corriged.”
Kristina Mahr devotes her days to numbers and her nights to words. She works full-time as an accountant in the suburbs of Chicago, where she lives with her two dogs and two cats, but her true passion is writing. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading, and waking up at the crack of dawn every weekend to watch the Premier League.
Find the author:
Disclaimer: The synopsis and cover picture were pulled from the book’s Goodreads page. Neither belong to us. The author image, info, giveaway, and more were provided by YA Bound Book Tours.