The Ending Element: Calista
By: Lorraine Koh
Publication Date: February 8th, 2016
Calista Bloom never wanted to fight in the war and it has been five years since war waged over Kosmotopia. All because of a sword. Fair enough, the Astronblade is supposed to hold infinite power, that is, once it finds its one true owner. But every 18-year-old will need to join the military and Calista soon finds herself trying to awaken the Astronblade. Will this batch hold the Blade Bearer? Or will finding the Blade Bearer trigger the chain of events that will bring about the end of the world?
The Ending Element: Calista is the first book of a trilogy. Set in a fictional world, there are ten nations in this world. The first book opens with the Nine Nation War. Nine nations of the book’s world are at war with one nation, that is, Kosmotopia. Here’s a list of five little known facts about the book’s world.
- In the Ending Element, after Kosmotopia, the second most important nation is called Tohu. The nation is named after the Hebrew word for chaos.
- The inverted triangle engraved on the Astronblade’s blade collar is a symbol for water.
- Every nation is ruled by a Lord. The ruler will be called Lord regardless of their gender.
- The two most important materials for warfare is Ionmetal and Voltaic metal. The largest amount of Ionmetal is found in Kosmotopia while Voltaic metal is mainly found in Tohu.
- Each nation, no matter how big or small will have a university and a state house where the Lord stays.
Lorraine Koh, who also goes by the pen name, Raine Koh lives in sunny Singapore. She has written Munchy Isn’t Everything and Pop Rock Love and is currently working on a new novel. Her hobbies include chasing stars, photographing them and travelling to see them.
Find the author:
If you like what you read above, please follow using one (or more) of the social media sites in the sidebar!
Disclaimer: The synopsis and cover picture were pulled from the book’s Goodreads page. Neither belong to us. The author image, info, giveaway, and more were provided by YA Bound Book Tours.