By: Victoria Scott
Publication Date: May 16th, 2017
Domino: A runaway with blood on her hands.
Cain: A silent boy about to explode.
Madam Karina: A woman who demands obedience.
Wilson: The one who will destroy them all.
Her name is Domino Ray.
But the voice inside her head has a different name.
When Madam Karina discovers Domino in an alleyway, she offers her a position at her girls’ home in secluded West Texas. With no alternatives and an agenda of her own, Domino accepts. It isn’t long before she is fighting her way up the ranks to gain the madam’s approval…and falling for Cain, the mysterious boy living in the basement.
But the madam has horrible secrets. So do the girls in the house. So does Cain.
Escaping is harder than Domino expects, though, because the madam doesn’t like to lose inventory. But then, Madam Karina doesn’t know about the danger living inside Domino’s mind.
Madam Karina doesn’t know about Wilson.
5 Fantastic Things That Inspired VIOLET GRENADE
- Flowers. Madam Karina’s Home for Burgeoning Entertainers is divided into levels. Each level is represented by a flower, so deciding which flowers would be paired with each level and how that representation would filter into the story was important.
- Quiet heroes. I love heroes who possess a quiet strength. In Violet Grenade, Cain is very much the silent type, but he’s also not the type to be messed with…though that doesn’t keep Domino away. Nor does it stop her from worming her way past his stony exterior.
- Trains. Domino has something of an obsession with trains. This obsession ends up playing a major role in the novel!
- Street art. Domino enjoys street art. With a can of spray paint in her hand and a bare wall as her canvas, she can keep herself calm and Wilson at bay. Art is an important medium for Domino to express herself…even when she relocates to Madam Karina’s.
- Colorful wigs. Domino LOVES wigs as a form of self-expression and armor against the world. The novel actually opens with her shopping for a new one. She enjoys wearing different colors and styles, changing it up whenever she’s in the mood to do so.
Victoria Scott is the acclaimed author of eight books for young adults. Her novels are sold in fourteen different countries, and she loves receiving fan mail from across the world. Victoria loves high fashion, big cities, and pink cotton candy. You can find her online at VictoriaScott.com.
Find the author:
Disclaimer: The synopsis and cover picture were pulled from the book’s Goodreads page. Neither belong to us. The author info, images, giveaway, and more were provided by Chapter by Chapter Book Tours. The images for the guest post were provided by the author along with the rest of the content.